Mike's Date Mike's Date

Messed up, but in a good way.

The humor is really kind of weird, but I still wound up getting a couple of good laughs out of it. Your visual style is pretty interesting too. It kind of reminds me of Mike Judge's "Beavis and Butthead" cartoons. Over all, I'd say pretty darn good.

MiddleFingerRings responds:

Hah, thanks for that. I love Buttvis and Beavhead.

My Flash Intro My Flash Intro

Pretty hot.

That was a pretty hot intro. I loved the special effects and the music just added to the style factory. Very slick and professional all around. Excellent work.

Albastter responds:

Thanks man!

-Albastter

Sonic Flash Episode 1 Sonic Flash Episode 1

Not horrible, buuuuut...

The cartoon is well animated, the special effects are excellent, buuuuut... Well, there's really no story, no plot. It's really just a fight scene with no reason whatsoever behind it. Why are Sonic and Nazo gripped in mortal combat? How did this all happen? What is Nazo trying to accomplish? Putting at least a little bit of plot behind a fight scene makes it more exciting for the audience because they're more invested not only in the fight itself, but the outcome. No plot, less excitement, because the audience has no reason to root for either side.

If you truly intend to make this a real series that people will enjoy, please consider adding at least the bare minimum of plot. You know, something like; Nazo has escaped from Hell and wants to take over the world and only Sonic possesses the power to stop him. Once you have a plot established, even a bare-bones basic one, it will raise the effectiveness and impact of your combat sequences immensely.

Ganondorf's Kingdom Ganondorf's Kingdom

Hyrule-arious!!!

My GOD that was funny!!! Gannondorf's Chicken and Waffles... Dude... Then when link comes in and starts jacking people up and runs off with the chicken and waffles?! Pure genius!!!

Link: The Badass Link: The Badass

'Twas O.K...

Link was very well animated much of the time, but Gannondorf was very stiff in comparison. When animating sprite action sequences, every character should have about the same level of flexibility and motion, or else it looks like an animated character duking it out with a cardboard cut-out. Unless that's the effect you're aiming for in the scene, you want to try to avoid that sort of thing by using more versatile sprite sheets or limiting characters with no real action animations to stationary attacks like magic, ranged weapons, etc.

dannydk6 responds:

Thanks for your input. Didn't realize how little leg room I had with Ganondorf's sprites until I actually started using him.

Sonic: PHX Episode 13 Sonic: PHX Episode 13

Kick Ass!

I enjoyed the entire season, and the finale was just excellent. Good has triumphed, evil is thwarted, all is well with the universe...or is it? Classic. I'm really looking forward to the second season now! ^_^

Exorz responds:

Yep. I know the action wasn`t so much (at least if what many people expected...), but i was focused on doing the best (but not TOO best, i dont want to have a huge jump like DoD; Ep1-3 - crap; Ep4/5 AWESOME no offense). That is why in Season 2 i`ll try to improve. And as for the universe... heh, i`ll get my revenge on Sonic. XD
Thanks for reviewing.

Super Mario bros Z ep 6 Super Mario bros Z ep 6

Pretty darn good...

I'm liking the series so far. The obligatory "Over 9000" joke was certainly well placed, so kudos on that. Also, I kind of get the feeling that Luigi is the Kuririn of this series. I mean, he's tough when he wants to be, but a big wimp mostly (After all, Kuririn is always the first or one of the first to get his butt handed to him in <em>DBZ</em> and he's always acting like a punk...). Shadow also seems to be the Vegeta equivalent here, and Mario and Sonic seem to be sharing the Goku role. That's interesting...

Rick Mann vs Boss Man Rick Mann vs Boss Man

Dude..

That was hot. The custom sprites were cool, and I loved the traditional animation parts as well. Plus...it's actually funny!! High five.

Black Circle Dude Ep1 Black Circle Dude Ep1

Interesting...

This is definitely an interesting concept. The characters are simple shapes, but the action goes just a step further. I give you major points for pulling it off as well as you did. When I first saw the main character, I wasn't expecting much, but I really did get into it by the end. I hope you continue to develop this idea!

TheMadWasp responds:

Thank-you very much on the feedback, I can understand that people don't seem to find the idea of a simple shape very interesting, so I'm glad to here something like this from someone who reviewed my work.

And yes, I will continue to do the same idea, maybe a bit better though.

The Misunderstood Ninja The Misunderstood Ninja

Excellent!!

I don't see new stop motion/ claymation submissions here, but this one is definitely awesome!! You've got skillz.